miceail's misadventures

How many roads must a man walk down, before you call him a man? How many seas must the white dove sail, before she sleeps in the sand? The answer my friend, is blowing in the wind

My Photo
Name:
Location: Canada

A young guy getting older, figuring his place in the world by seeing it. Trying not to live with regret but living with sacrifices made. Getting by with height, humor and humility

Thursday, March 08, 2007

about time



Tintin on the big screen. this may not be exciting for you but i used to read the comics all the time when i was a kid, in fact, i remember being bribed to do housework/chores in return for them. i used to have the entire collection. dreamworks announced they are starting production and it should be out in two years. i'm glad they are keeping him animated though. you can tell my parents were euros by the fact that i used to read these comics. they were originally written in french i believe, produced by herge, outta belgium. there will have to be drastic upgrades to the dialog though, they played on stereotypes and racism pretty hard, written mid century from that white european elitist perspective.... when the sun never set on the british empire. welcome to stardom, capt'n braddock, professor calculus, the thompsons and snowy. i do not look forward to the revival of my tintin nickname though.


whats next? ...asterix and oblelisk? naw ...they'd never be able to sell the idea of a movie about a bunch of frenchies(gauls) beating up on the rest of the world... its just not plausible or realistic or even possible... RIEN!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm going to have to steal this for my blog... you know, the one people actually READ ... lol
Tintin is the reason I became a reporter. Well, him, Spiderman and Superman. The common theme? They're all reporters.
I have an superhero alter-ego, as well. But I can't tell you ... I just have to keep on saving the world...

I still have almost the entire Tintin collection, btw... even the ultra-racist "Tintin in the Congo", which has so many mind-blowingly racist images, it puts your prejudice to shame...

Smoooooove

11:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I bet he's Handy Man. In Living Color ref for the true heroes!

11:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My mind just blew out the back of my head, then dripped off the wall on to a plate, and i ate it for lunch.........it looked a lot like a pizza pop.

Larry Christ, the other other white hope

11:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home